While 2020 has wrought many changes…there are still some things that remain the same….
such as a day to set aside for family & Friends coming together in gratitude.
Whether we are zooming or able to spend time together in person …. love never changes… even though some traditions may have to this year!
Let’s be creative perhaps creating new traditions that we may adopt for years to come! Families everywhere in 2020 discovered crafting, baking and family game nite!
Here are some suggestions from from National Center for PTSD…
- Fun activities that you do together, such as reading aloud, playing board games, listening to music, singing, dancing, or planning scavenger hunts
- Creative activities such as drawing, crafts, writing journal entries, creating books, conducting video interviews
- Online activities such as a virtual museum tour or vacation, online learning, or online games
- Exercising together, such as family yoga, table tennis, or indoor fitness games. If it is feasible to go outside, take a family walk or bike ride, but be sure to maintain physical distance from others.
How about you… tell us what you added in 2020 that enhanced your daily life ….and may continue in 2021!
10 Thanksgiving Fun Facts
- The first Thanksgiving took place in 1621.
- Every Thanksgiving, the current U.S. president pardons a turkey.
- Macy’s has put on a parade every Thanksgiving since 1924.
- Thanksgiving is the biggest travel day of the year.
- The foods eaten for Thanksgiving dinner haven’t changed much since 1621.
- Americans eat over 280 million turkeys every Thanksgiving.
- Cranberries are native to North America.
- There is an official Thanksgiving postage stamp.
- The wishbone tradition is much older than Thanksgiving.
- Watching football is an integral part of most Thanksgiving celebrations.